BioProfile Labs can provide these analytical testing services. Because of their specific nature, they are detailed here in addition to being listed in our All Services page.
· Aloin: aloin is one of the unwanted ingredients in Aloe vera and Aloe vera-
· Anthocyanin Testing: we test a variety of crops on total and individual anthocyanin content by using the HPLC technique.
· Catechins: Catechins are antioxidants present in teas. In general, green tea has more catechins than black tea. Catechin content tends to decrease over time in brewed teas. We test catechins (total and individual catechins) by HPLC.
· Curcumin: Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant and the main ingredient in tumeric and curries. Preliminary research in our lab indicates there is quite some variation in curcumic content in different brands of turmeric and curries.
· Chloraphenicol: an antibiotic banned in the EU and US. However, it sporadically shows up e.g. most recently in Germany.
· Coffee Adulteration: Arabica is a more expensive coffee compared to Robusta, while Robusta typically has more caffeine than Arabica. We test for adulteration-
· Endophyte Testing: we test for endophyte presence in forage grass (tall fescue and timothy). This test is DNA based, we use DNA primers specific for the endophyte (Neotyphodium coenophialum) to perform PCR on the forage sample. lt Click to read more about endophyte and tall fescue by the U.of Tennessee.
·Ergovaline: is an ergot alkaloid found forage crops and is synthesized by endophytes. High ergovaline content has negative effects on animal feeding and health. We test for ergovaline by HPLC.
· Glucosinolate Analysis: we test a variety of vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, canola, watercress and others) for glucosinolate content by HPLC. Glusosinolates are known anti-
· Glucotropaelon (active ingredient Maca Lepidium meyenii). This is the primary glucosinolate in Maca (Lepidium meyenii) and it's believed to give extra energy to humans.
· HMF (hydroxy methyl furfural) in honey: HMF is a measure of honey quality, it indicates age and if the honey was heated during processing. The EU limit is less than 40 mg/kg.
· Hop (Humulus lupulus L) Acids Analysis: we test hops on alpha and beta acids by HPLC.
· Isoflavone Testing: in this test we employ the high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) technique to measure individual and total content of isoflavones in soybean.
· Resveratrol Analysis: resveratrol is a known anti-
· Sugar Analysis: we test a variety of crops and foods for sugar content. We can test for individual sugars such as sucrose, glucose, maltose and fructose. We test for organic acids as well, for example, pyruvic, acetic, citric, and lactic acid.
· RAPD DNA Analysis: RAPD (Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA) analysis is a service we offer to our customers who want to determine the identity of a crop variety. For instance, when in doubt if the cultivar you bought is the correct one or mixed with another cultivar, we can run a RAPD to determine what cultivar you exactly have.
·SNP DNA Analysis: SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) analysis is like the RAPD technology, expect with SNP specific DNA primers are designed to determine the identity of a crop variety or any other organism.
·Urea/Triazone Analysis: we test urea fertilizer on urea and triazone content (if present) by HPLC. Triazone is a nitrogen rich compound that is a slow release fertilizer.
·Tocopherol Testing: we test a variety of crops and foods for tocopherol (Vitamin E) content. We use HPLC to test for alpha, beta, delta, and gamma tocopherols.
· Bone meal Testing: we test for ruminant and porcine presence in feed material using PCR.
· Please contact us for quotes on the above testing services.